Students will leave Bradley Central High School with the academic, social, and emotional skills necessary to become self-directed lifelong learners and productive citizens in a diverse and ever-changing society.
Bradley Central High School will help its students develop sense of pride, accomplishment, and self-worth. This shared vision will provide students with skills needed to succeed in furthering their education or joining the work force through data-driven, research-based programs that encourage students to become responsible, productive citizens of society.
- Students should be provided with learning opportunities that will prepare them for employment in a global, technological society.
- Students can rise to higher levels of performance when challenged by higher instructional expectations
- The teacher can cultivate the student's desire to learn by acting as a guide and facilitator who applies a variety of teaching strategies, methods, and assessment techniques.
- Every student has worth, dignity, and the ability to learn.
- The student's self-esteem can be enhanced through positive relationships with staff, other students, parents, employers, and community members.
- Involvement in the decision-making process encourages student ownership of school policy.
- Extracurricular activities are important in the development of leadership, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and self-discipline.
- A balanced curriculum should in clued academics, vocational/technical training, fine arts, physical education, and wellness.
- Students should be exposed to a variety of learning styles that require active rather than passive involvement on the part of the student.
- The teacher makes the difference in the classroom.
- Students learn best in a safe, orderly, attractive, and enjoyable environment.